Happy New Year! A new year means a fresh start.
This is a perfect time of year to take a look at your business and evaluate what’s working, what’s not working, and determine what needs to be refined. Over the years Melody and I have tried different methods to accomplish this annual review and the one we keep coming back to is the Mini-Audit.
Performing an internal mini-audit is a great way to step back and review your company’s big picture. This process allows you to make sure you are still focusing on providing the services that your customers find valuable, but that you are also allocating your resources effectively.
Whether you have been in business for years or you have decided that 2023 is the year you finally commit to your startup idea, this exercise is crucial!
You can follow along with the steps we’ve outlined below to complete this exercise for your company. We hope you find it helpful!
If you are a small business owner performing a mini-audit,
here’s what you should be evaluating:
1. Check in with your customers.
2. Are your customers still struggling with the same problems?
3. What are your customers currently doing to solve their problems?
4. Is your company still solving your customer's problems?
5. Why is NOW the time to sell your product or service?
6. Why are YOU the best company to sell your product or service?
Why do your customers keep coming back for more? What kind of trust have you established? Are there any potential partnerships that could be valuable to both you and your customer?
The answers to these questions will change as your company evolves and your industry changes. By taking the time to conduct a mini-audit you will be able to make more informed decisions when you plan your marketing strategies, decide on any new products or services to add and you might even discover some new ideas about what your customers are looking for!
These company insights can go a long way to ensuring that you stay on track as your company grows.
If you want to take the audit process a step further and want an in-depth picture of your company’s online landscape and are looking for recommendations on what to do this year to grow your business, check out our Technical Audit Service. We’ll dig deep into your company to identify what’s working and what’s not. Our in-depth report includes a full breakdown of how your website and content are performing against your competition and identifies opportunities for improvement. Take a look at a sample audit report HERE.
Virtual Collective Offers two types of audits:
A Brand Audit Includes:
- Full Company and Industry Analysis
- Technical Performance Audit (Website Health)
- Content Evaluation / User Experience
- A roadmap that provides next-step recommendations
An Industry Audit Includes:
- Review of Company Framework and Customer Discovery
- Industry and Competitor Analysis
- Content and Lead Generation Recommendations
- A roadmap that provides next step recommendations
NEED HELP GETTING STARTED WITH A DATA COLLECTION PLAN?
Know Your Data, Know Your Customer is a course designed just for you!